For the architecture conservation studio selected the site is the Narrow-gauge railway station at Bhadran town in the Anand district of Gujarat.
This narrow-gauge railway station was built by Bombay, Baroda & Central India railway company in agreement with Gaekwad Baroda State Railway in June 1922.
This locomotive line used to start from Bhadran to Vaso for transportation of agricultural goods, mainly tobacco, and cotton. GBSR was maintaining and operating till the independence of India and after that Western Railway Board took over. And it was also used as a passenger line, presently lying unused for the last 7 years.
Bhadran Railways station is essentially an important development, considering different layers of human mobility and significance in the framework with advancing the technologies. It is built to withstand the tangible and intangible challenges of temporal dimensions.