Showcased here is a pavilion executed by students, from a drawing to a 1:1 structure. The workshop equipped students with the necessary construction skills to be able to undertake the actual realization of a drawing into built architecture. It helped them develop the ability to visualize the construction process and execute it as per the given drawing and specifications.
Towards the end of the exercise students realized the impact of one action on the overall building, as construction is a coordinated effort. They learnt -
- To be able to visualize the construction process and execute it as per the given drawing and specification.
- To be able to distinguish and plan out shop and site work.
- To be able to sequence the construction process by breaking it into parts and assembling them on site.
- To understand and apply regulating lines and levels for construction.
- To be able to appropriately use construction tools while making.